2017-2018 Call for Applications
Advanced graduate students whose work demonstrates a strong interest in critical theory are invited to submit applications to participate in Northwestern’s Paris Program in Critical Theory. Under this Program, a limited number of fellowships will be available for Northwestern students who wish to spend the 2016-2017 academic year pursuing a research project in Paris. To qualify for these grants, Northwestern students should, as a rule, have completed their course requirements. Students at other institutions are invited to apply for affiliation in the Program, but must provide their own financial support. All candidates should submit a letter of application accompanied by the following:
- A two to three page description of the research project to be pursued during the year spent in Paris, including scholars you wish to work with, resources to consult, etc. The research project will in most cases be related to the student’s dissertation.
- Current C.V.
- A transcript of graduate coursework
- Evidence of competence in both spoken and written French (e.g., certificate of study completed, courses taken, letter from French instructor, etc)**
- One letter of recommendation
* Applicants are encouraged to apply for all other appropriate grants. See the information available at the Office of Fellowships site.
**Where necessary, acceptance in the Program will be made contingent upon enrollment in an intensive summer language course.
If possible, please provide the first FIVE items of the application in ONE pdf document in the order listed above. Letters of recommendation should be sent directly to Dominique Licops.
Applications should be submitted electronically by March 1, 2017 to:
Dominique Licops: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot submit it electronically, please send to:
Paris Program in Critical Theory, ATTN: Dominique Licops
1880 Campus Drive
Evanston IL USA 60208-2204
During the spring quarter of 2014, the Program Director will meet with participating students to help them organize their schedules for the coming year.